1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fairwell to the Snow, on to Lawnsite!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by locqus, Mar 7, 2014.

1. locqus

locqus Junior Member
    from Detroit

This is bit of a hello/goodbye.

I have been more on lawnsite exploring and posting there. A hello and farewell to the plowboys in the hopes you will join some of the warm weather threads on lawnsite. Our small 2 plow operation got through the winter, a little more worse for the wear than we would have hoped. A slew of weird breakdowns most often than not had us a little behind the ball. A rim collapsed on one of our trucks, never seen or heard of that in my life! Yet it was a productive season, learned a lot.

Locqus launched "batch jobs" for plow routes about a week ago, so we will be touting that feature next year when the snow starts to fall. Our sponsorship ends on the 10th.

Until then, Shamrock will mow and Locqus will keep you on track. Hope the season was equally productive and profitable for you all. We will renew our sponsorship on the "cold weather" site next year.

Until next year, "keep your stick on the ice" (I love that line! Thanks Red) and plow like a Boss.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Enjoy the kiddies and stay away from the politics section!

3. locqus

locqus Junior Member
    from Detroit

^^ A very good line as well, I might borrow that!

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

You might get some more snow before you start mowing lawns.

5. locqus

locqus Junior Member
    from Detroit

Thats true, I think we have a couple more inches coming in Wednesday!

6. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

2-4 coming here tonite :help: was almost 50 earlier, raining now. Gonna be wet.

7. locqus

locqus Junior Member
    from Detroit

and thats what i get for jinxing it. 4-6" here in Detroit

8. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

4-5" of real real wet crap here. Plowed like it was a foot of snow. :eek:

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

We picked up 4"-7" of light snow today.

temp 26*f