1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fairlead Bracket Bending

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by neblawncare23, Feb 5, 2015.

1. neblawncare23

neblawncare23 Junior Member

I have a 2014 Honda Rubicon with a Warn Winch and 50" blade. My fairlead bracket keeps bending down. I think its front pulling on winch when there is to much pressure against blade. Has anyone had this problem, and is there a way to fix it? Like beefing up bracket or something?

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

im thinking you need to let off the winch a little sooner your pulling the blade up to high and its hitting the bottom of the quad and the bracket is the weakest part and that is why it's bending.

they make some bumper stops that you can put on your winch cable that will help. also you can beef up the bracket but that can lead on failure someplace else either bending the push tubes or snapping the winch cable.

have a pic of your set up?