1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fair price ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigearl, Dec 17, 2007.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I'm going to have a guy push banks back for me ( WITH A LOADER ) He's going to charge me $65/hr Is that Fair?

Thanks
    Big Earl

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

probably
    I charge a lot more than that for a 45hp loader
    Skidsteers go for a 100 to 150 an hour out here.

3. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Not bad . As long as he is an operator. if not , you'll be r/r curbing ,block and asphalt in the spring..

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  4. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

He's The guy that plows the big shopping center next door to 2 that I plow and I buy mybulk salt from him. I do alot of work for him in the summer Since he's a landscaper and I remov stumps so one hand washes the other I guess

5. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Oh man, I'd jump all over that! We get $125/hour for our skid and $125/hour for the dump truck to take the snow away on our accounts. We don't own the dump truck but we only pay a local trucking company $60/hour. It's amazing how trucking rates fall in the winter when everyone is looking for work.:D

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

A loader around here will go for about 105 to 130 a hour and if you want one for the day it is 350.00.