1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fair price for service

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fakemam, May 5, 2008.

1. fakemam

fakemam Junior Member

Hey guys new to site and this being the first post on the site excuse me if i am posting incorrectly. I bought a new boss 8.2 V this past fall. I just got a flier from my dealer for a plow service it includes :
    Clean filter and change plow fluid
    Check hoses ,cylinders , springs &cutting edges
    Service plow pump
    Check brushes & lube bearings on plow motor
    Check electrical connections
    Check overall plow operation
    Oil spray
    For 99.95 plus parts and oil
    Is it worth it or should i just change the oil and clean filter myself ?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same price here. Not worth my time do it myself.Every October I have it done.Just with mine the oil is included .

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a fair deal. Only reason we try to do maintenance on all our machinery ourselves is so we can get familiar with them in case we have problems during a storm, we can fix pretty much everything ourselves. Some of our blades are over 10 years old and have never been back for service. We also have a shop to work on all are stuff, so if you don't have a proper place to do it. it's easier to take them to the dealer for service. JMO

4. fakemam

fakemam Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I have the place and tools to do the job myself. but i figured since I got a two year warranty on it I'd let the dealer do it so if I have any problems down the road they can't say i didn`t take care of it.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

put your feet up and relax... for only a hundo bean let them take caRE of it

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

plow service

if they actually do all of this, this is a darn good deal considering the cost of labor now adays ,go for it !ussmileyflag

7. fakemam

fakemam Junior Member

It is a special till July 1st after that its $100 more. I will be taking it in, in two weeks after I get back from Vegas. If I have any money left:D

8. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey man welcome. I use the same boss dealer as you and I have them service both of mine every year. It's a great deal and a great bunch of guys to work with. I have only had a few prolbems in the last couple years and they got me right in.

Bossman

9. fakemam

fakemam Junior Member

Thats one of the reasons i went to them. it was between the boss and a western and i can't stand the western dealer in town. I had a problem with the horizontal pin coming loose and both times i went to the dealer they fixed it for me right away. these guys especially the owner seem to really care about keeping the costumer happy.