1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fair price for 89 f-350?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ground Master, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Ground Master

Ground Master Junior Member

I'd appreciate any and all opinions....

-looked at an '89 f-350 single rear wheel, guy is asking $5500.

-has a 7-1/2' western unimount in decent shape, plow will not go down though

-has a flatbed (similiar to lowes or homedepot rental trucks), but it is a dump bed

4 wheel drive, 460 fuel injected, auto trans

fair to good condition overall

I'm thinking of offering $4500.

thanks for your response, Tom

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a pretty decent price but keep in mind that 460 is going to put a big dent in your pocket witht the current fuel costs. :eek:

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I bought the one in my signature, (125,000 miles, automatic, XL, AC, New Tires, NO snow plow) for around $5,000.00. The only rust on it, is in the second picture. It took me 3 months to find this truck, I feel I paid a little much for it but it sure is a good truck!

MVC-006S.JPG

MVC-005S.JPG

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  4. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Boast - The new truck looks awesome!

Ground Master - If everything works well and has only minor rust, $4500 would be a reasonable price. Especially with a dump bed. The 460 is tough on gas, but not too much worse than the 351. You could easily push a 9' plow with it (we had a 86 F350 SRW that pushed a 9' western pro) and haul a V box with the flatbed. Just keep plenty of oil with you as the 460s consumes quite a bit and usually tend to leak when older.

5. Ground Master

Ground Master Junior Member

thanks for all your replys

the seller has agreed to 4300.

i'll post some pics in a few days

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice ride, I would love to find one of these, I have a 91 Formula Firebird, 5.7 TPI I would love to trade if ya know of anyone.