1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

factory upfitter switches

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RhinoL&L, Dec 16, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

i have a 2005 f250 and am going to be installing some strobes. i wanted to know if i can buy a kit or something to put into my truck from ford with the upfitter switches to keep everything clean looking. i want to have my strobes on 2 switches, plow lights on one and a salt spreader light on another.

my question i guess is can i buy an upfitter switch kit from ford and will it go onto my truck so i can have everything wired to one place and not have it so messy?

thanks for the help

2. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

switches

Try going to www.powerstrokeshop.com. I was there the other day & they sell them. I have spoke to a couple guys about putting strobes on my upfitter switches & they said no prob but I am not sure on the wiring of them.

3. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

Yea, you can buy the 4 upfitter switch box from ford that just slides right into a cubby hole. If you pm stangman35 he has his strobes and couple other things wired into the those upfitter switches as well

4. isldmgmt

isldmgmt Junior Member

I have my Strobe and salter on the upfitter and it works great:bluebounc

5. cjd173

cjd173 Junior Member

I just installed the kit from Powerstroke Shop last week in my brothers truck. It took me all of 20 mins. the harness also leaves you with one wire for each switch to connect to your accessories.

6. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

I bought mine from my local ford dealer,was as cheap or cheaper than ebay.Plus I didnt have to pay shipping.

7. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Whats the cheapest you guys have seen?

8. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

powerstroke shop

I just checked on the website & it was $82 plus some change.

9. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Sounds like a pretty good deal,cant remember what I gave for mine.

10. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Whenever the upfitter switches are available on customers trucks, I always use them, they are the best thing Ford has done for upfitters and accessory people recently.

11. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

yeah i just saw it for 82 buck on powerstrokeshop.com

12. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

For the $82 I'd bet you're not getting everything you need - you need the switches and you need the relays.

08's are about 180 total, older than 08's are about 140 total.

The switches do nothing without the relays.....

13. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

i got them from powerstroke shop came with the switches wire harness and relay box. i bought them like 2 years ago and it was cheaper to buy them from powerstrokeshop then get them as a factory option

14. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Looks like everything is included.This was taken from that site.

05UPFITSWKIT
    $82.31
    Complete kit to add Factory Upfitter switches to 2005 through 2007

You will recieve the all of the following. A complete kit to add the Factory Upfitter bank of switches to run whatever accessories you like onto your 2005 or newer Superduty.

1- bank of On/Off switches fits into existing panel on dash no cutting or drilling required.

1- Complete harnes with plugs to plug right into the fuse panel, you also get all of the necessary relays and fuses installed in the block which is integrated into the harness.

1- Storage bin to fill the gap left after installing switches on some applications.

Click here to see an installation of our Upfitter switch kit

SFPLImage71083.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  15. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Yep, that's everything you need and a killer p-rice to boot. Someone on ebay was like 130, the dealer here was 140 for that year truck.

the hardest part about the install is routing the wire..

16. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

That sure looks like it would fit a 2002. I wonder what the difference is and if it could be overcome cheaply/easily. Anybody know or know how to find out?

17. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

My dealer must really not know much. I have the switchs in my 550 plow truck, and i wanted them in my 350 personal truck, but they said that the only way i could get the switchs was by buying each individual switch at 80 a piece. So i said forget it, and drilled holes below my headlight switch.

18. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

just got them today from powerstroke shop.com quick shipping! and a good price it thnik

19. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

how hard are these to install. mine didnt come with amy directions or wiring diagrams. help please!

20. cjd173

cjd173 Junior Member

There is a link to the directions and diagrams in the description from powerstrokeshop.com
    Just look up the part again and go to the bottom of the description box.