1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Factory Radio????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by wkahler, Sep 23, 2009.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Does anyone know if the factory radio in a 2001 Super Duty has RCA jacks in the back. I am guessing no, but thought i would ask before i tear it out and put a new one in.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

No, none of the factory radios have RCA jacks for audio in or out. I've heard there's a module available to provide rca jacks to provide audio input via the "aux" button on the radio, but I've heard it's also pretty spendy. I never bothered as I prefer an aftermarket dvd/nav/etc unit over the factory unit any day.

3. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a Kenwood aftermarket system in my 94 and love it. I would just buy an aftermarket if I were you.

4. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Some, like me, like the OE style radio. I added an FM modulator to mine.

5. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

The OEM radios are starting to get MUCH better. I think you can get a USB port and AUX port on almost any Ford radio now.

Also meant to add that I have an 03 and it doesn't have AUX, you can pick up a nice aftermarket for around $125 that will have USB, AUX, SAT and CD.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009