1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Factory mounts on 50" whelen justice bar for ford superduty?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

When i installed our 55" Whelen liberty bar on the 06 f350 last year, the "feet" can be adjusted wide enough to "sit" in the valley on the outer most area close to each side door.

The Justice doesnt come in 55" and we didnt see a need for it to have to be 55", so we go to install our 50" Jusice bar and the widest the stands and feet move out is a couple inches too short. It would have to be secured into the "flimsy" thin metal of the truck roof and not this thicker metal more supportive part more outward.

Anyone install any full whelen bars besides the liberty to a 99-08 Ford Superduty truck?

Do i need a special bracket extension or something?

Ill get pics of my liberty on the one truck and the problem with being too narrow for the new truck/justice bar.

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

whelen has extended gutter mount for most lightbars im not shur about the justice you could have gotten the 60" towmans justice

3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

yeah, trade it...a 50 is too small for a superduty...

4. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I think the 45" bar looks better than a 50"+ lightbar on a superduty pickup.

5. Ramairfreak98ss

its not that small ill post pictures...

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200360525_200360525

If this bar was $1100? did i get ripped on the price then? the JE model only has the 6 corner LED modules not the 9 as in the JC, i assumed for $1100 it was the 9 corner Diodes, shows how much i paid attention there.

Here is the JUSTICE page http://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/ProductSheets/Lightbars/Justice_Lightbar.pdf

6. ultimate plow

from N. IL

the price is a little high. Your going to get a nice lightbar eitherway. But ebay iv found some sick sick deals. My gen3 linear federal signal lightbar for only 575shipped.

7. Ramairfreak98ss

Here is my 55" Liberty, 4 sheet metal ss screws through the rubber, mounted stiff/sturdy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Ramairfreak98ss

[​IMG]
    Here is the 50" Justice, legs extended out to widest point 2" too short, that roof sheet metal i feel is too thin to screw it down to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Ramairfreak98ss

plowsite is BS, a smiley counts as an image wtf? its just a colon and parenthesis! and why does it limit to 4 pictures, its not like plowsite is hosting anything here !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Ramairfreak98ss

yeah im sure. Well i only paid $900 ish, actually high 800s for my Liberty in these pictures, was new open box, still in shrink wrap from a company in texas over a year ago. So you can see it was hard for me to spend $300 MORE for a justice bar lol. It is loaded up compared to the liberty, but already i can tell the Justice CON3 light heads are not as bright as those in the Liberty, but still work fine for our purpose.

11. ultimate plow

from N. IL

nice setups. Im pretty sure your going to have to get some straps that will reach to the door gutters if you want to mount it without drilling into your roof. Im sure you could even make your own.

12. Ramairfreak98ss

i dont need to reach the door areas, i just want to mount the stands like the Liberty on the red f350 in the top pictures... i only need about 1.5" more width :/

13. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Check with Whelen and see if they have any wider mounts that you can put on that thing. If not try getting a backrack and mounting it on there. Why drill holes in your truck when you really don't need to?

14. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

Yea something like this, but of course you have a much nicer light bar.
    [​IMG]

15. Ramairfreak98ss

well i got something that works.

Modified/cut the bottom of the brackets that slide in the light bar rail... if you cut down with a sawzall the one outter most tab on each side, you can slide it past the metal part of the rail about an inch on either side. Fits now just like the Liberty on the red f350, plus the cut part you dont see when its mounted anyway. Going to get 1" grommet at the store and then ill finish mounting and wiring :)

16. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Just make sure that you seal those holes and use coated bolts!

17. Ramairfreak98ss

coated you mean galvanized? i used SS screws, the screws go down between the existing rubber feet... the gromet i caulk around the wires inside the gromet afterwards.. heres some final pictures.

video flashing

http://entertainment.webshots.com/video/3021144590036233031AjsOFV

Alley lights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Ramairfreak98ss

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]