1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Factory Lights For The 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by DOGHOUSE, Nov 11, 2005.

1. DOGHOUSE

DOGHOUSE Member
    from Alaska

Hey Fellas,
    I Just Got An 810 Mounted To My F-250 And The Factory Lights That Were Installed Don't Seem To Hardly Shine Over The Blade. The Installer Says That There Is Not Any Other Bushings Or Spacers To Make The Lights Sit Higher, Doesn't Make Sense To Me. Has Anybody Else Had This Happen.

Thanks And Cheers,

Dave

2. EIB

EIB Senior Member

You can put an 8611 light tower on it. They are a few inches taller.

3. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

I had the same problem with my 810. I have to take my truck into undeveloped areas. Keeping the blade up as high as possible is key in doing so the lights were not high enough ,also with the rubber snow deflector at speeds over 50 mph the flap covers half the lights so I order 8611 lights.

4. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

I have had customers with a similar problem, I just made a spacer block to raise the lights the required amount higher.
    For example, to raise them 3", I cut 3" square tube 2 1/2" long, drill holes in the top and bottom, clean, paint, install the riser with a bolt to the factory frame, and bolt the light to the top. Modify the dimensions to suit your problem.