1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Factory Frame Gussets

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Jan 4, 2013.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

There has been a lot of talk about GM frames lately. I just picked up an 01' 2500HD and it has factory Gussets. Is this just a luck of the draw or what?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Standard until 02

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Oh, didn't know that.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

5. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

My 02 has them!!!!

6. Conmancounty

Conmancounty Member

Can you post a pic of what you mean by frame gussets. I have a 2000 2500 e-tend cab. so i can see what you are all talking about. That way i can check mine. Thank you in advance

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Use the search box and look for GM frame cracking. You'll find a ton of stuff about it.

8. Grambo170

Grambo170 Junior Member

B& B

I'm new here and have looked and read all I can find Even printed your pic's of the gussetts, I have a 2006 2500hd crew cab with Blizzard plow set-up, would like to know how to get a set of the gussetts, But I can't PM yet so can you PM me.
    Thanks

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You need I think 10 posts to PM. I don't think he can message you either, try the visitors message deal in your profile.

10. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Go to search and enter gussets about 5 threads down theres a thread "Plow cracking frame ?" On the second post theres a picture of the gusset. They are not something you buy you just need a small peice of steel fabbed up and welded to the rear shock tower bracket.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If that's the case then the guys that have been hooked up with a set via mail must be all be hallucinations. And no they do not go on the shock mounts.

Grambo- you must have ten posts and be a member for ten days before having PM capabilities from either end.

12. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

You can make your own gussets if you have a welder handy. I made some custom units for my frame, as dodge frames are notorious for ripping apart where the trailer hitch mounts due to the "great quality steel" they used. Took me a few hours to make, but it was a fun experience to do..

The actual fabrication starts at post #22

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/hitch-install-t303179.html

13. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Sounds like you have been tapping into your mushroom stash if you think you buy those gussets online. If you know so much just where do they go ? Did yoy look at the thread Plow cracking frame . Just say no.

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I hook them up direct genius. Why else would there be countless posts here from guys looking to get in touch with me.

15. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Could you show me some of these high tech items you have exclusive rights to. If these guys need you to get them a small triangle of steel they must think having 23 K worth of posts makes you smart like you do. I had my frame gussest installed by the premire plow installer in the countrie who know 10 times what you do . Put your pipe down and show me a picture of where they go knowitall.

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's ok. Not everyone has the prestigious connections so they need some assistance getting what they need. Pretty much what this website is all about. For most of us anyway.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You funny, maybe once the drugs wear off you should re-read the frame cracking threads. If you find the right one there are pictures you can look at and the information you need to order a set.

I'd guess B&B knows more about Chevy trucks than you know about recreational medications, which based on your statements are extensive.

18. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Thats what I did was show the OP a picture of the gussets and you stated I was all wrong . In you all knowingnessyou said they dont go on the shock tower bracket where do they go ? Picture please , or are you going to keep backtracking because youve been exposed for what you are.

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Might want to look at the pics a little closer. Here I'll help you out. No gussets on any shock mounts.

http://www.plowsite.com/showpost.php?p=422857&postcount=9

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707