1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Factory CD Player Question??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by truszip, Nov 15, 2004.

1. truszip

truszip Junior Member

I was talking to the local dealer the other day and he tells me that some of the older (97 and below) factory CD players - are unable to play home made CD'S! Is this true?? Any body have any experience with this?? Thanks

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Yes it is true, something to do with the way they are burned.

3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

your best bet is to try to burn your own cds using the highest quality blanks you can afford, like Maxwell Music CDs.

I have a older car that did the same thing, but the higher quality disks made the difference, also dont burn the whole 80 minutes, keep them under 74.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The wifes old 95 WoundStar would not play any home burned CD's no matter how or who did it. Some stereo guy told me the older ones will not play home burned CD's.

5. cowboyway37

cowboyway37 Junior Member

Burning trouble

I owned a 97 F series and didnt have anytrouble using copied cd's...might be the radio ...The type of disc I used was just the cheap Verbatim disc's from the local wholesale club. Think it is the radio or the way you are burning them. If you burn it as an MP3 it will not work you need to burn it as a wave file .

6. Dcon

Dcon Junior Member

Burned Cd

I Think Your Problem Is The Way Format You Burn Your Cds Under. You Can't Burn Them As Data!! It Can't Read Data, You Have To Burn Them As Music Or Something.