1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

factory bump stops/timbrens/ride height

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chachi1984, Oct 15, 2014.

1. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

hey,
    both my front factory bump stops are worn right off my 02 sierra 2500HD so I ordered Timbrens. my truck sits at 37 inches from the ground to the wheel well. My brothers 01 Silverado 2500hd still has the factory bumps and sits around 39 inches. will my truck come back up with the timbrens or will I need to turn the keys.

thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Turn the bars. You shouldn't be on the bump stops at all unloaded.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

^^^ What he said.

4. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

ok , its sits at 37inches without them installed

5. dieselss

There different body styles as well correct? They could have adjusted them differently at the factory as well

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This........

7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Don't turn the bars. Take it to someone that really understands GM ifs and have them measure the z height and align it.

8. upplowin

upplowin Member
    from UP/MI

Don't mean to high jack the thread here but...I have a gmc 2005 2500hd and is on the factory stops as well.

If I get the torsion bars turned up, I will have to get it alignment done as well right??

Another question: Have any of you replaced the original shocks with a coil over heavy duty shock or just go with a standard heavy duty shock?

9. dieselss

Ck your clearance with the coil overs. They may not fit. That's the biggest down fall room

10. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

do you guys use the washer , I tried getting them on put only could without the washer.,

11. dieselss

You need that.

12. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

ok ill try again its just hard to line everything up . does the thin part of the wedge/washer point to the rear

13. dieselss

Now your asking something I haven't seen in a few years. Instructions?

14. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

installed the timbrens and turned the torsion bolts 3 turns. set it site for a day and remeasure , maybe another turn before I take it for alignment