1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Factory backdragging edge Vs. hinged edge?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BGehl, Nov 10, 2008.

1. BGehl

BGehl Member

Hey guys,

i am looking to get a backdragging edge added to my 7.5 western.

I have read about hinged backdragging edges on another post. They seem to have some advantages, but i am not sure where to get one locally.

For those of you who have the factory backdragging egde, how does it work for you? Should i just settle on using that or keep up the hunt for a hinged one?
  2. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I bought the factory Western 8.5' and in my opinion it was a waste of my $$ and it adds more of a vibration noise (squeel if you will) when in use. I will never buy one again. I also saw those videos on the hinged ones and they look cool.
  3. BGehl

BGehl Member

4. BGehl

BGehl Member

i am just bumping this up. Anyone else have the factory edge and actually like it?
  5. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

I have the factory back drag edge on my 7'6 mvp pro ploy and it is going to be added to my 8'6 mvp pro ploy this week. I had no problem with the edge last year at all.

Jake Enterprises Inc

06 F-250 (5.4)
    96 F-250 (5.8)
    8x16 MTI enclosed trailer
    6x12 dump trailer
    48 Exmark TTHP
    48 Exmark Lazer Z w/ultra vac
    52 Exmark Lazer Z w/ultra vac
    21 Cub Cadet push
    Echo, Kawasaki, and Stihl weed trimmers, edgers, and blowers
    Ryan Aerators
    Toro Snowblowers
    7.5 Western MVP Pro poly blade
    8.5 Western MVP Pro poly blade
  6. andym1996

andym1996 Junior Member

I would take a look at the system i have. It is simple, and actually works.
  7. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

go to google search back drag blade
  8. BGehl

BGehl Member

I just got back from dropping off my plow at a welders. He is going to fab me a hinged backdrag edge tomorrow.