1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Facility source ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leigh, Feb 27, 2012.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

One of my customers just went with a national, anyone familiar with FacilitySource Inc. out of Col Ohio? Supposedly don't mark up bids? , must work on some other method of reimbursement? Went to web page and looks like a large operation.

2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Yup, they just take 3% off your invoice and then you have the "in" to get any new work in the area that they manage. cough, cough

Sorta like a credit card.

And they do online billing that is rather a PITA.

Never had a problem getting paid.

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

They did mention some sort of paperless invoicing,Scanning capabilities?, asked if I was set up to be able to do it. Have to get details.They didn't go into detail about there system when they called me and left message. It's not a big account and I'd rather let it go than start dealing with a middle man and the hassles. I'll call them back Tues.
    Thanks

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Now they just pay you $300 for sites you used to do for $750... they've underbid most companies from last season by 25% and now they're looking for you to take on the sites for 40% less than it paid last year with the last company.

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I ve done work for them
    Yes they are cheap they do pay and they do take money from the bid I have emails sent to me by mistake showing what contract went for they got is for $48,000 and offered it to me for $20,000 I got it for &40,000 and after they signed I saw the email saying 48,000
    So needless to say they are making money
    And I never had them take 3% from my invoices

6. Ramairfreak98ss

sounds dead on they offer about 33% of what they're getting then settle somewhere around 75% if they can't find a contractor cheap enough.

7. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

These NSP's will just keep popping up as long as they have guys willing to take work for there ridiculous prices.

8. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, this EXACTLY. All we have to do as an industry to put these thieving clowns out of business, is to quit signing their contracts. If all the companies that hire them quit getting serviced because the NSP's can't find a contractor dumb enough to work for them, the companies will fire the NSP and go back to handling it themselves.

9. Ramairfreak98ss

you know, i think they're all going to run into major problems soon, good for us.

1. Their prices offered for services in the past, say 5-10 years ago, were actually close to what contractors would charge.. now they're flat out greedy and mis managed..
    2. our insurance for snow has increased, 100-500% in some areas for some contractors.. they no longer can find ANYONE with insurance to plow a td bank all season for $2000-3000... its only pofitable to those with no insurance...
    3. Most all of us are on to all of their devious, illegal and unethical tactics...
    4. Their prices offered now don't even attract the illegal guys, let along some of us thinking we can add some work load on and make any profit. years ago, many of us made profit from these accounts, so contractors always took the work, now they dont.

I have companies calling yesterday about sites they wanted us to take in september.. oh REALLY you didnt find some dead beat to take those accounts yet? better pay double at least.

10. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I get them calling and emailing - I just have them send me what they would like done. Then I send it back saying that when they can not find anyone to do it, I will do it for 3x what they said they would pay me. This has stopped all the calls and emails. I must now be on a black list. :)

11. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, I used to NEVER hear from these guys, and now the last couple years, I've started getting cold calls from them looking for a contractor that (as I like to say to my wife after I tell them hell no) wants to plow a target/lowes for free. I bet that I have gotten at least a half dozen the past couple months alone. Must be starting to get desperate. HA HA, LOL

12. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

i have been working for a company that lets you name your price on lots, they get 3 competitive bids and who ever is lowest wins. we have been working with them for three years now and they take 2.1% off your invoice, so you just factor that in when you are bidding. we have picked up numerous new accounts from them and have probably doubled the size of our snow division.

13. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

for example, Brickman wants to pay 23k for a target here and 21k for a lowes. ridiculous... i went through the rigors of getting into CBRE, to find out that they are merely the same as brickman.