1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Facebook

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by exmark, Nov 24, 2009.

1. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Any of you guys or gals have a facebook for you businesses? thanks

2. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Yes I have one for my plow biz

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

yep, my wife set it up last week.

4. JR Snow Removal

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Just my opinion but I think its unprofessional. I mean isnt FB a place to go and chat with friends? I have a FB page buts its for personal only.

6. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I have one for my Band. I don't think I would get one for my regular business though.

7. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I have been thinking of getting one for my business. From what I understand, it will tell google that this business is more"legit" (I use this term loosely) by having more activity on the internet. Another way to accomplish this is through a blog. It's all done for google which drives activity to your website.

8. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I don't think I would get one for the business. I do have a personal account though...... LOL with about 35 girls and maybe 2 guys as friends. Talk about bring back old memories.

9. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i wouldn't get one for business, just doesn't seem right

10. JR Snow Removal

There are a lot of businesses doing things like facebook and twitter (never used twitter) it's just publicity there's nothing wrong with that or unprofessional. I use it for word of mouth even if the person that sees your page doesn't need my service when some one talks about it they will hopefully think of me I'm a growing plow biz and trying to get my name out there any way I can.

11. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

12. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Sorry double post !!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  13. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

14. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

To chat with friends???? No. It's social networking, business networking and when people figure out how to use Facebook to their benefit they will be amazed at the results! You link your Twitter and facebook accounts and you have a networking super-highway.

check out the link....see the numbers for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIFYPQjYhv8

15. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

lol......um i think i posted that a couple hours ago....ha oh well.....

16. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

definitely wouldn't get a facebook for a local business. not professional and you wont pick up many customers with it

17. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Wow, that's pretty narrow minded. Especially since nearly every major brand, news organization, retailer, restaurant, etc. has a facebook page. I guess they are not professional and do not pick up many customers with it. If it works for the national companies, why wouldn't it work for local businesses. Local businesses thrive on word of mouth referrals.

18. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

yeah corporate businesses, national retailers have them because the whole country knows about them. seriously, how many people do you think are going to see a facebook page for a local snow removal company. anyone who needs a driveway done goes to yahoo, google, or yellow pages

19. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I have one. Doesn't seem to get any customers, just kind of did it as a branding thing. Its free, so why not?

20. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

I'm not sure you know how Facebook works.... If you just have it, then no, it probably wont do much for you, if your active on it, people see you all the time on the status updates section of the main page. All you do is add as many people as you can find that you know, post specials, or whats going on, or say something like "time to start thinking about plowing!! call me at 123-456-7890...." Then everyone you have on your list can see it, If you active, you show up all the time, and if people see you all the time...well your name will stick the next time they or someone they know mentions snow plowing.