1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fabricators Corner:

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by SQuad, Mar 10, 2009.

1. SQuad

SQuad Member

Would anyone like a forum dedicated to fabricating ATV plow/ snowblower accessories. This would include ideas from all participating members who want something for thier ATV's that don't exist or have not been able to locate a manufacturer. Members can fabricate or participate in the concept of the fabrication.

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

ya that would be awesome

3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

yea it would be nice to have some sub forums in here.

Home built workshop stuff.
    Pipes Pictures, with plow/ Ice fishing/stuck out on the trails.

different types of plows.
    New Plowing questions,

etc.

sublime out

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

i agree witht sublime

5. SQuad

SQuad Member

What would you like to see.

Any suggestions?

6. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

that would be cool but there are not enough of us in the atv section it would be good on a site like highlifter because it's gets lots of traffic but there are hardly any posters in the atv section here

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

How about a general, not ATV specific, fabrication section? I'm always looking for ideas and I'd be in that section all the time.

8. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

yes that would be a good idea

9. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Well, we can take your suggestion into consideration, but not promising anything. I have mentioned before that we do have quite a bit of forums here on the site already, but I can check into it.

I'll let you know if we plan on adding one :salute:

10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

We can always keep an eye on the off topic and/or pictures section.

11. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

i think that be a great idea. iv built my own atv plow, 3pt trailer system, plus many other things...

12. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

I agree on this. Don't have an ATV but a general fab section could be beneficial.

13. SQuad

SQuad Member

Yes it would be benificial to have the coplete community involved as to have an expanded point of view.

14. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I'm with this idea of general fab section. If you broaden your horizons and go total fab. then your your covering all brands of plows and mite get a greater interested audience.
    I do alot of fabbing myself and tend to get stuck on the engineering issues of projects and sometimes just finding a source for materials needed to complete my idea. I'm sure a section like this would help.

My favorite tools:
    Chop saw
    Wire welder
    Cordless drill
    4" angle grinder

15. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I agree! I love builng things from scratch with metal and a welder!! i think a fabracation section would be great.

16. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

I Second that Motion .... i think there are a ton of poeple on this site who do great fabrication work and would love to see a seperate column for pictures and ideas ..... would be helpful ........

plowsite Mods keep up the good work !!!!

17. MJD82

MJD82 Member

A general fabrication forum would be great addition, it seems a lot of questions in the truck section retain to people want information about do it yourself repairs and for the little guys and newbies such as myself with a small pocket book it is a necessity to fix\modify equipment ourselves. This is just my thought. Thank you for your time

18. mikefras

mikefras Member

A great idea. Its always cool to see some inovative ways ideas of how problems are solved in your own backyard. There are some really creative backyard fabricators out there and have some real time saving and cost saving ideas for parts, repairs, tips, tricks and homemade jigs for us wanna be fabricators.

19. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Lets try this again.

I like the idea of a fab forum. Everybody chime in.

J & B

20. warrior88

warrior88 Member

What ever happened to this idea? I think its great. I see a fab section dedicated to S.Houle Equipment. But nothing for "home brew" stuff.