1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fabricator/welder needed

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MJay, Dec 29, 2005.

1. MJay

MJay Member

In a pickle, purchased an excellent condition complete set-up western 6.5ft standard that came off a tacoma 97. local dealer informs me western doesn't make mount for my 1990 toyota. waiting for reply from western HQ.
    The package came with 2* tacoma mounts, I had somebody modify one mount to fit on my 1990, unfortunately this person did a terrible job and i'm currently searching for a factory made unit.
    If anybody could recommend a welder/fabricator that could improve on the badly modified unit it would be of great help.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Westerns unimount selection guide says theres 1 mount for 1990 toyotas, fits 84-95 4runner and 84-95 pickup, mount #61870. It is still listed as an available part that your dealer should be able to order.

3. MJay

MJay Member

Many thanks, I'll be calling my local dealer [who told me nothing available] with the part number.
    Many thanks