1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fab brackets for my tj??

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by cjshloman, Feb 2, 2009.

1. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

I have a '98 tj and I want to put a 4 way plow on but dont have the giant money to do so, and cant find a used one either. My question is, has anyone fabbed up mounts for a '97 and up tj? Can I use another mount and go from there, anything?? I see fishers, westerns and meyers for great deals, just cant find the mounts. Any kind of help would be great, Thanks. Bull.

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

If you know how to cut and weld go for it. Measure the width of your frame and find a plow harness that lines up pretty close to the dimensions. When I first started out one of my trucks had a fisher harness a Myers hydraulics and a Western plow.

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

try doing a google search for storks auto. i believe they're in pennsylvania. i know they're on ebay. they're a junkyard that specialize in plow parts. see if they have a frame for you first. once you have a frame you can be patient and pick everything else up at decent prices. if they aint got one by all means you can make one but you might want to have a plow first so you get the right distance for the plow ears to mount up

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I made a Boss RT3 mount fit my 2000 TJ. The mount origanly fit a ford (I think) used the push beem, side plates and made two 1/2 spacers to fit between. I know Fisher makes mounts for the TJ.

5. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

I know they make them, I just really cant afford them. Looking for a more cost effective alternative. So you got ford mounts to fit huh, no welding and cutting, just spacers? What ford mount? Thanks for the info guys.

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

No Lots of cutting and welding and accurately drilling 24 1/2" holes in 1/2" plate steel. Unless you have experience and tools (ox-acetylene torches, welder ...) you wont be making a plow mount.

JMO

7. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

I just got an email from storks auto/jeep, and they said people have used the yj mounts on the tj's with good success, not too much modding. Im gonna give this a shot I think. Worth a tray.