1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F800 with plow and sander (mass highway)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 99f250superduty, Jan 11, 2014.

1. 99f250superduty

99f250superduty Junior Member
    from boston

I was thinking about putting this combo together and try to get it on the Mass Highway wolf pack next winter?
    I have never worked for the state. I have heard all the horror stories.
    I have done some research on the truck and I think I would want a diesel with air brakes.
    Would they consider this set up with a 10 foot plow and sander?
    What would they pay?
    Would I be better with the local town?

2. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Not to be a smarta**, but the first and second (actual) questions only the Hwy. Dept. can answer, and the last question only you can answer.

3. 99f250superduty

99f250superduty Junior Member
    from boston

Thanks lol
    I'm glad we can have these talks:)

4. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Well, really. If you're insured and bonded, have the proper equipment and experience, I'm sure they'll allow you to work. But they dictate the price.

5. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

U can try. They prefer 10 yd sanders,with wing plows

6. Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel Senior Member
    from Sharon

I plowed for mass highway some years back. I left my local town to plow for them for 5 more bucks an hr but they were soooo slow to pay. The next yr I went back to my local town.