1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by N&CLandscaping, Jan 24, 2009.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

I have a chance to purchase a 1987 F600 Dump truck. It is in good condition. Has anyone or does anyone own one or use one? Just wondering. I cant exactly afford a brand new dump truck. Thanks.
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i used to plow with one when i worked for somebody, nice truck it had a 10 foot plow and a undertailgate spreader. i plowed very large open lots with it. if it has central hydros and the pimp is mounted out front just make sure you keep an eye on the u-joints if you break one you will lose your radiator.
  3. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

i say save your money and buy something newer. just my .02
  4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

ive seen many of those size trucks that are in good condition with rather low miles.like around 30K-40K.
  5. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

If the F600 your looking at has hydraulic brakes look elsewhere for a truck!. These braking systems were way too complicated and poorly designed. The bleeder on the wheel cylinders isn't even on the top. Bleeding the brakes can be an all day affair with two guys. Parts for these old medium duty Fords in my area seem to be drying up fast. It will only get worse as the Sterling Trucks dealerships start to disappear in the coming months as Daimler has killed the brand.