1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F550 wiring help!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 06HD BOSS, Dec 12, 2007.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

We're all confused! Can anyone help with wiring help. Confused with the turn/park wires.

These are the wire colors on the plow harness, what colors do they get connected to on the truck:
    Purple..right turn?
    Grey...left turn?
    Brown...park?

also any other help with the wiring for the lights please!

2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

You just need to find the right wires on your truck. Find your right turn and connect the purple wire on the harness to that, find your left turn and connect the grey to it, then find your park and connect the brown. Done.

3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

hmm, mine didnt have a gray wire, just on the drivers side purple and brown, and on the passenger side just purple as i recall, i i dont know what the gray is for, just make sure you make good spices and protect em good, also, keep your hands warm so they cant bent nice haha, getting in behind the headlights on mine was a real pita - nick

4. 06HD BOSS

thanks guys. but the info i was looking for is, what colors are the truck wires that i need to connect each wire from the plow harness to??

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't say what year your 550 was but check for these colors first...

R turn = white/light blue
    L turn = light green/white

Park light wire will be brown

6. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

ok, on my truck, which im sure is way older than this 550, there were 3 wires in the truck harness going to the turn signal. the one that i had to tap into on my truck was a striped one, there was like a black, another plain one, and then a "fancy"(for lack of a better term) one, this was the one that had to be spliced. for the park light, there were 2 wires in the truck harness, black and not black, i had to tap into the non black one. None of this probably helps you but thats how it was on mine - Nick

7. 06HD BOSS

thanks guy we'll try those tomorrow.
    btw its an 05

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

OK, if it's an '05 then the colors I mentioned should be correct... but Ford does like to change their colors alot, so double check them with a test light...