1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F550 wheelbase decision

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rob1325, Sep 2, 2012.

1. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I'm looking to get new f550 and wanted people's input on wheelbase decision. I have always bought the 141" wheelbase regular cab, but this time would like to get a 165" wheelbase regular cab. My question is with longer wheelbase will it be that harder to plow with in tighter areas. I would love longer truck so I can put longer rake on it for my summer work. It would be handy for me, but worry about plowing with it. I plow everything from condos, commercial, to residential with it. I really worrying about using it on condos and residential. Any input appreciated, hard to find this size truck at dealership to test drive.

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I think you will be fine. My old F450 had the longer wheelbase and it was fine even comparing it to my 141 inch wheel base ex cab truck.
    I had a 13' flat bed on it and it was very useful in the off months, which were more than the plowing months.

3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Thanks, I bought a 165", can't wait to get it!