1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F550 Ripped hole in my truck...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Ever have one of those mornings where you decide to change the normal pattern and you regret that decision?:realmad:

I decided to do my route backward so I'm driving down a 4 lane road in the farthest right hand lane, in front of me is a F550 dump with vbox slowing down to make a Left hand turn into a parking lot from the left turn lane, as I get up along side him he changes his mind and turns sharply right into my truck trying to get into the parking lot on my side of the road:eek: His Western ripped right off the truck mounts and was lying in the road, I drove over the curb and just missed hitting 2 major power line/street lamp poles:dizzy:

truck_damage.jpg

2. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Ohh thats pretty man :rolleyes:

I still don't understand what was going through his head thinking he could turn there........

Ohh well at least they have good insurance:nod:

3. JTW

JTW Senior Member

that sucks!

We slid through an intersection at like 2 miles an hour and bumped a mini van just barely hard enough to blow out the back window with no other damage.

4. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

It's been nasty out for the last 36 hours..:help:

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Well the good thing is that it looks like the damage is just on the door should be a easy fix but that does suck....I have hit a car once and cut it all the way down the side looked like a can opener hit it

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

total the truck and send me down the tailgate :) because i bent mine up and i need one that color

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

your lucky he didn't hit you in the drivers door or you might be a little shorter on the left side of your body.

8. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

HAHAHAHA!! I don't know why, but that's the funniest thing I've read all morning. Maybe I'm just giddy over the fact that I actually needed my plow this morning because we're finally getting some snow. I don't know, but that was funny!! LOL:dizzy:

9. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like it got chopped with an ax :eek:

10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

What the hell was he thinking? Was he drunk, asleep? No sane person would do that. You cant get much stupider then that, how do you miss a big Dodge truck in your mirror? And why whould he turn sharply into you??? All he had to do was stop and wait until it was clear to go over if he was too lazy to drive a ways and turn around.

I will never understand these people, it makes me upset just to hear about them making things difficult for someone else because they were irresponsible. Pull a move like that and your drivers liscense should be revoked for a year, that would be my solution.There is absolutely no excuse for it, do that to a little car and you could kill someone, he is a harzard who should be taken off the road.:angry:

Glad to hear that you are ok and hope the truck and can be fixed like new.

11. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I've had so many close call's I don't want to think about it, like the guy who parked his white van behind me in a snow storm :realmad: hope they fix your truck so it's like new :drinkup:

12. oops

I have had practically the exact same thing happen to me. It was when I was still 16, driving my mothers suburban. i was in the right lane and some dude in a dodge was in the left. He (tried) to turn into a lot on my side of the road and did $4300 of damage to my moms suburban.....but it totalled his dodge....lesson: dont mess with the suburban

13. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

Well if some joker around my town did that ... id be own'n somebodies truck and there business ..... we have a few hot foots around my town ... and the stupid thing is ... is there trucks are all lettered up .... so when they get phone calls about reckless driving .... there like uhhh you sure it was our truck ....

14. BayviewLawn

BayviewLawn Member

WOW Roald!!

I was thinkin of doin my route backwards next time out.Not any more!!LOL!

Sorry about your truck though,Im not laughin at you,or even with you as Im sure your cryin:cry:

Looks like youll be alright to go out again today,sposed to get hit again.
    Stay out of the way of BIG TRUCKS!!

TIm

15. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

c'mon can't you guys see that this guy was just looking for a way to weed out the competition? he's probably been going around doing this kind of stuff all weekend.:p :D

16. Grn Mtn

You guys are cracking me up, I like the tailgate and white van:D

The driver was fired to the best of my knowledge, he worked for a very large (but getting smaller by the pink-slip) fortune 500 company here in town in the maintenance dept. He said they have a zero tolerance for accidents. He also said he is from the sticks and not used to driving where there are so many lanes:eek:

I'm just glad I didn't have my boys with me, that is where my 3 year old sits.

At first I thought it was just the door no big deal, but it bent the pillar to the cab so it might get expensivepayup

17. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

i hope its just the door and nothing structural, even if it isnt, that still sucks.:(

18. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Thats sucks......look at the bright side....your plowing!!!!:(

19. Grn Mtn

Plowing yes, but Steve with Quality Lawn Care...now he is plowing 30":eek: payup payup Thats what you get being 45 minutes South East. I can't remember what 30" of snow looks like, let alone have to do it in a 30 hour period. He said the small towns down there just suspended opps overnight, till it calmed down a bit.

20. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

wow seen all kinda of wrecks never seen what a plow would do, just as i thought though, ripped open like a can