1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F550 plow and wing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Catskill Plowin, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

There is a machine shop here in Searsmont Maine that makes wings for all size trucks.... He Does a pile of them for pickup/ ton trucks....I priced them there and HP Fairfield and he is allot cheaper... Really looks like ar good wing... It does mount closer to the front and can knock off tops of banks....
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I know a guy that built a plow and wing set up for his F-450. He is a very good fabricator so it came out wicked good. He plows over 20 miles of roads with it. He said it works great. I should get a picture of it some time.
  3. Hey Dewey,
    Do you have a phone number or web page? I'm looking to get a 2011 or 12 550 this year.
    Thnaks. Brian
  4. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

Hey Brian : I didn't know they had a Website but they do ( I looked after your message) if you search Cox Machine Searsmont Maine . You should find them ,Their number is 1 (207) 342-2267.
    They are a father /son team that I have used many times for repairs for my equipment they are friendly ,fair and stand behind there work..They also make a awesome and rugged plow... I'm sure if you buy a wing from them you will be happy....
    If you call them tell them Duane from Deweys Lumber sent you....Pm Me if you have more questions.... Stop by if you come up in this direction !!!
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Those wings made by Cox Machine, do they trip? They don't look like they do. That would be a deal breaker for me.
  6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I saw one picture on their website and it was not mounted

Most wings "trip" with a spring mounted to the extension arm and pivot on the front lifting point. Neither of these were in the picture I saw. I inquired about the wings and am waiting to get a response and some pictures.