1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F450 tires

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Joe D, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I need new tires for my F450 2wd. It's a plow truck and sees little milage.
    They are the 19.5 wheels

2. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

I just bought some tires for my F450. I went with Hercules, kinda an off brand, but much cheaper than Goodyear, General etc. Id shop around to try and find the best price. These tires were somewhere around 293 a piece mounted.

DSC00065.JPG

DSC00066.JPG

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Thanks guys, the coppers look nice as well as the hercules. I will hit the tire guy monday and see what deal I can get.

5. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Are you running steers up front or a more aggressive tire like the rear? Have steers on my 3500hd thought about swaping them out in the winter, but not sure it would be wourth the aggrevation/money. For a high miles per year on the trucks stay with the high end brand names, you will see much better tire wear vs lowend.

DAFF

6. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I will run the same tire on the front. It will see little milage outside of plowing

7. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

i got a set of Nitto Dura Grapplers on my F-350 dually..i don't know if they make it in the 19.5

got mine off of www.discounttiredirect.com FREE UPS SHIPPING.

8. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Got a few prices today, Michelin XD52 $320 per tire. These were load range G. The others I got prices on, Continentals load range F $242 and the Bridgestone $290 load range F
    The tire shop has a recaps and those were 120 a piece. Depending on my tires though if they were good, sidewalls and casing