1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F450 Tires

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MJM Landscaping, Nov 1, 2010.

1. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Looking for a new set of tires. 225/70/19.5. Want something really aggressive for plowing any suggestions? I currently have the stock continentals which suck. A guy I know is running Salens I think, I wasnt too impressed with them. I have looked at goodride cm986, and a set of goodyear G122,s maybe, any suggestions??
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

3. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

These tires are excellent in the snow and ice. I have 4 F-550's and those are by far our preferred tire for plowing. We run those on the fronts and they make a huge difference. On some trucks we run the Conti's on the rears if they have an aggresive enough tread and are new enough. Last year my dealer got us some caps that have a tread pattern very similar to the XDS2's and they came studded to boot. They were super on the one truck we tried them on and they were a considereable amount cheaper to boot. The XDs2's were running us about $365 ea. the caps were under $200 if I remember right.
  5. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

I run General grabber AT2. not as agressive as some, but they keep street manors. and I have never had a traction issue.

A&MLANDSCAPING Junior Member

i just put a set of bridgestones on my 550 havent had them in the snow yet but they look like they will do good