1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f450 running problems help?????????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by tgumby4, Oct 5, 2006.

1. tgumby4

tgumby4 Junior Member

My 2004 f450 has been running with a mis or vapor locking for about 6 months. The problem is random but happens a couple times a day sometimes more. I have had it to the dealer three times and they replaced a speed sensor but still did not fix it. It seems to do it most often with 3/4 of a tank of gas or more. I have the v-10 with a 6 speed. Has anyone else had similiar problems??? I love the truck other than this problem. Thanks in advance for the input.

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 3/4 ton ford and a 1 ton ford both had similar prolbems found out it was a coil pack, I belive. The macanic hooked a tester to it and found out that way. The pack goes onto the spark plug, to elinamate the need for plug wires, great idea :gunsfiring:

Mabey thats not your prolbem but that is the first thing that came to mind. hope this helps. Andrew

3. brookview

brookview Junior Member

we have 5 ford and all have had coil pack problems

4. Bossman 92

That's just great. So i have replaced 2 out of the 18 packs. I don't know about you guys but I would rather replace the plug wires on a reg. basis than a coil pack at $150 each. There is an eng. somewhere making mucho grande off that design. :gunsfiring:

5. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

HMMMM... no coil pack on a 6.0 PSD ....... but than again $4K upgrade for PSD. All 5 of the PSD are running fine but $150.00 is cheap for any repair on any work truck.

6. Bossman 92

I agree 150 is not much, but I would rather replace plug wires routinley than mess with those stupid packs, it takes a tester to tell which is bad, great idea.