1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F450 or 550 2WD stake body plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by odd1or2even, Sep 20, 2011.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

How many guys/gals plow with their stake body with only 2wd? I am at the point I need another vehicle instead of three pickups but am concerned about getting stuck. I will have a two yard spreader on the rear with some extra weights and a 8' 6" or larger plow on the front. Thanks for your input.

Steve

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

My 1. Ton stake body with a 2-3 yd spreader I plow almost exculucivly in 2wd, it is az4x4 but 4wd is rarely needed, especially in lots, doing some roads (very hilly & steep) I use 4wd

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

On the truck your talking about lot of guys do plow with 2wd, just need lots of weight If you have the choice when buying another truck get a 4x4.

4. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

2wd plowing

our f350 dump dually is 2wd and it plows great as long as there is weight in the bed. With 1-1.5 tons of salt it is unstopable. It has great traction tires on the rear and a 8ft blade on the front. No issues with the blade up or down. I only have traction issues when salt is getting low--less than 500 lbs.:nod:

5. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Same here. Its not like girls...weight is your friend in 2WD.

6. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

fat bottom girls make the rockin world go round :D

7. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Haha true that! Make your head go round too :laughing: