1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F450 front end weight

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Jan 11, 2005.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone know how much a F450 4x4 front end would weigh with a 6.0 in it? Looking for dry weight. Probably either reg. cab wheel base or ext. cab wheel base. And, what is the GFAWR of the truck too? I can't remember. Was looking at the blizzards, and man the big one is 1470 lbs. HEEAAVY.
  2. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Don't know about the F450's, but I was looking into a new 350 and my dealter told me with the 6.0 the max plow weight w/o vioding warranty was 650 lbs. plow, plus 100lbs. plow frame. I couldn't even find an 8' Western straight plow that wouldn't go over that. Wonder why they figure their payloads extremly low?
  3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

An F450 will handle a Blizzard 8611 like a toy. I run a 810 on a 3500 GMC. No problem.
  4. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

F-450 4x4 with 6.0L engine, snowplow pkg and 141" wheelbase has a front GAWR of 7,000 pounds.

Supplemental Reference says all F-450s with the snowplow pkg can have a snowplow that weighs up to 125 pounds for the permanently attached hardware plus 1,100 pounds for the removeable snowplow. Or 1,225 total snowplow weight.
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I found Ford's supplemental guide to weights and stuff. Still with their weight ratings the truck shouldn't carry the large Blizzard plow, and the Boss 10' is pushing it too. Obviously the truck will carry it. Just interesting to see what Ford has pushed everything up to lately.
  6. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

I too wonder how Ford keeps bumping up all their numbers. Oh well, I wouldn't worry about a 450 handling the weight of the 8611.

PLANET Member

On 550s we use 10' Boss Vs. Awesome setup for large lots. :waving: