1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F450-550 beds

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by pyro74, Mar 30, 2003.

1. pyro74

pyro74 Junior Member

Any body do this swap? an F250-350 pickup bed on a 450-550. I hear the frame width is different.

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

My first question would have to be WHY?,but i'll measure a 450 for ya tomorrow anyways.

3. pyro74

pyro74 Junior Member

Maybe in a few years when the 99 450/550 4x4 get a little older and cheaper I'll kook into buying one. Would make an awesome 4x4 truck: bulletproof front 60 and an 80 or 135 rear. This is the only way around Massachusetts lift laws. Over 10kGVW no suspension height restrictions, just bumper height

4. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

the cab and chassis rails on a 3-550 are different from a pickup 2-350.

people have tried it, but it costs at least 6,000 to do. why not put a flatbed on it?

5. pyro74

pyro74 Junior Member

I love the idea of a super-duty stealth pickup, just a thought I been throwing around. A flatbed is totally useless to me, I'd much rather have a bed or dump body.

6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The cab & chassis in both the F-350 and F-550 of the same wheelbase are set up for a 9' body while the pickups are 8'. I don't know if you could shorten the frame or not, it might be easier to lengthen the body.

7. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

pyro74,

Here you go;)

Check it out HERE

Also, Manning Body Company in Louisville , KY (down the street from Ford) builds
    a factory approved bed for the F450/F550 trucks.

Greg

8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

That looks pretty cool Dockboy! I think its cool cause its something you cant buy from the factory, so therefor no one has one, makes yours much rarer if you decide to do it. Mike :)

9. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

pyro74,

This LINK has many links to just about any kind of bed you could add to a 450/500.

:D

Greg

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I see Smokey got a new truck.

11. pyro74

pyro74 Junior Member

thanks for the links, guys.