1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F450 19.5" problems getting tires balanced?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by tgumby4, Feb 9, 2007.

1. tgumby4

tgumby4 Junior Member

I had a rear tire cut on my 2004 f450 cut as the result of an accident. I only have about 7k miles on the truck so I figured hay, why not get the exact same one from my ford dealer. I order and paid for the tire. When I got the truck there to have it installed they could not spin balance it , nor can any other tire dealer in my town. Ford motor company had me call two other Ford dealers in my area and none of them can do it either. As I type Ford motor company is trying to find someone in my area who can spin balance it, good luck I couldn't't. I guess the center hub in the wheel being 6.25" is to large for there balance machines. Has anyone else had this problem or am I just lucky??? The only place in my area who can do it about 2.5hrs away???

Anyone have any good luck with any on-line tire dealers???
  2. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

had the same problem, had to go to a semi tire dealer an have them done...sucks ...but i love my truck:cry:
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

what part of W.V. are you in i know of a few places that might be closer depending on were your at
  4. tgumby4

tgumby4 Junior Member

I am located in Morgantown W.V., northern part of the state. The good news is I got the tire spun balanced, the bad news is it took me half a Saturday. I had to go to 4 tire shops before they could do the job. I guess it worked out in the end, I am back rolling just in time. National weather service is calling for 12+ Tuesday into Wednesday for my area. Oh BOY!!!!!!!!!!