1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 with vbox and 16" side extensions

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SullivanSeptic, Dec 1, 2011.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Thought I would post a few pics of my F350 with its 7ft vbox. Its only 7ft so I welded up 16" tall steel extensions. Turned out pretty nice. I loaded the hopper with 4 bobcat buckets of treated salt. It was an 80" wide bucket, level full. Truck only squatted 4". Stock suspension too. I might be adding a liquid tank in front of vbox for future liquid salt. Other wise it will have snow blowers and sidewalk salt.

Loaded Salter 1.jpg

Salter Loaded 2.jpg

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Hell just get ya another one of them spreaders and turn them sideways. Spread salt on both sides.

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I like your truck, but don't you need bigger straps to hold down the spreader ?

4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

have you ran this setup before? it seems like it might handle weird with all that weight behind the rear tires and you might be better off with the weight of a liquid tank up front.

nice truck though

5. SullivanSeptic

Yeah, straps are just temporary. We loaded it just to see how much we could get in it and how it hold weight

6. SullivanSeptic

Yeah, straps are just temporary. We loaded it just to see how much we could get in it and how it hold weight

7. DeereRunner

DeereRunner Junior Member

Yeah I would have to agree with needing larger straps and better off straping it down in an 'x', it'll eliminate any play/movement with the spreader, especailly while taking turns. Also, with the extra weight from the salt, do you notice any difference with the drag chain at the bottom of the box bogging down or anything?

8. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

Hey man, nice truck! But..... Take this for what its worth. A buddy of mine had a 8' on a truck like that and it was a horror in the snow. Front end got real light even with the plow on. Had to put a concrete highway divider in between the sander and the cab. Don't forget as you sand the load moves back. With a load of wet sand, that's when he had his problems. Like some girls I know....just to much weight in the a$$!! Good luck and run safe.

9. SullivanSeptic

Drag chain did bog a bit, but only because we had gate closed way down. As soon as we opened it, it ran great. As far as handling. It is a bit top heavy. But it rides nice. It will have a plow on the front bit its only for touch ups. I have an 8ft vbox on my 2001 chevy dump as well

10. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Sullivan, when did you add all these trucks???

11. DeereRunner

DeereRunner Junior Member

Awesome then that once you opened up the gate, it ran well. I'm sure we can all agree here that its nice to be able to carry extra salt in the hopper and not have to worry about it spilling out!

12. SullivanSeptic

I've had this flatbed ford for over a year. Its been just sitting behind the shop waiting to get used.

13. Why are u not here drinking.