1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 with SSXV

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Aug 26, 2011.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

New to me 2000 7.3 F350 Lariat
    came with 6 extra brand new snow tires
    New ford trans
    Banks exhaust
    Banks exhaust brake
    Banks turbo upgrade
    8.5 SSXV just installed by myself
    I also just put on new headlights to jazz it up
    I got new carpet for it, need to install
    has new leather on front seats

Needs tint, lettering, light bar, and snow........

Thanks for looking

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

2. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

looks good! should move some snow

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

perfect truck for driveways:)

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Clean!!!

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I see dead people...they like the rig too. Good luck:drinkup:

6. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

awesome rig... id LOVE to see an exhaust vid Thumbs UpThumbs Up

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck and plow. Good luck with it this Winter.

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks really really clean!

9. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

why such a small blade? Why didn't you put a 9.5?

10. MatthewG

CL deal on the blade a few months back, figured it was going on my chevy, then started looking for a srw 350 and ended up with a dually

11. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

tint

You tint your plow truck windows ? I like how tint looks but in NJ you can't tint your front windows, but even if I could I think It would be a little harder to see at night when driving in reverse. One of my own personal vehicles has tint in the front (although I get at least 4 tickets a year for it, but it looks cool).

12. MatthewG

All of the trucks are tinted, yes its illegal, but your right it looks cool. And yes it sure is hard to see backing, usually I'm plowing with the windows down a bit. Its just dad and I with the tinted windows so we are careful

Maybe I will just do the rears on the 350 nice and dark, I buy the precut tint on ebay and do it myself, you cant beat the $30 bucks and 30 min for a job well done

13. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Clean truck!

14. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

wow that is a very clean truck! is that a lariet? you rarely see trucks that are above XL trim without window tint, especially here in Canada ... lol

15. Marek

Marek Senior Member

What did you pay for this truck ? We just picked up a 99 crew cab 4x4 dually xlt with 63000 miles on it. Will be putting a 9' pro plus on this one and v box in the back. Almost hate to do it since its so clean. Also where did you get your headlights from ?

16. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Very nice truck, you guys are making it very hard to resist the temptation of putting a plow on mine.

17. MatthewG

13,500 cash for the truck
    It came with a 8' MM2 straightblade newer style
    and 6 new snow tires that were not on the truck

Gave my dad the MM2 and sold his older MM1 for 1500

So total truck investment 12,000 (plus taxes and registration) and I have over 1,000 in new tires to go on it yet

18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats a rig and a half. If you had a lot of parking lots, I'd toss an XLS on that bad boy and move mountains.

19. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Sounds like you got a good deal . We paid 11k then put a new front end, front rotors and pads all the way around so we have a little over 12 into it. Was watching a few on Ebay and could not believe what they are selling for. Similar trucks were going to 19k and still not meeting the reserve. Guess lots of guys have more faith in the older trucks vs the newer ones.

20. Very Nice truck, and wow sooo clean, I have a 02 F250 Lariat that has the same paint job. That thing will plow TONS, i have a 99, and last year was my first year plowing with it, what a difference compared to my F250, can plow alot!