1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 vs. F550

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Greensway, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Greensway

Greensway Member

P2150044 (Small).JPG

I had the F350!
    P2150046 (Small).JPG

Went Bobcat to pick up a cutting edge, they cleared the lot, but did not salt, it was a 2" sheet of ice, the other guy was moving at a good clip and when I was coming from the front of the building, he came from the back - I tried to speed up - he tried to slow down.....bammm!

P2150044 (Small).JPG

P2150046 (Small).JPG

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

OUCH! was anything suspension or drive train related damaged or only body work? That sucks!

3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

sh!!!t that blows.... hopefully everything works out okay with insurance... by the way what kind of spreader is that?

4. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

Looks like a Salt Dogg

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

So I take it you lost? That sucks man.

6. Greensway

Greensway Member

This just happened this evening at 5:00, drove it home and hoping no are no problems when I load up salt Saturday, 1" - 3" in the morning.

I've been able to keep this truck looking like new until now, I'm thinking maybe it's time for a F550, hardly any damage to his!

The spreader is the Salt Dogg 2 ton model.

7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I had an accident also with a 350, luckily it ahd a dump bed on it, or else the truck would have been tottalled if it was a regular box.

my advice, dont back up to fast if it is slippery, have a big truck that is hard to see around (dump bed), and if you are tired.

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yeah, it seems that way, but you have to understand how cheaply made truck beds are. I bet if both trucks were F350s it would have turned out the same.

9. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Is that a brand new f 550? Looks like they just picked it up from the dealer :dizzy: