1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 Upgrades

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by VOGLERny, May 26, 2012.

1. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

Looking at making my new '03 F350 regular cab V10 look alittle more "badass".. Any suggestions?. Already ordered Leveling kit and track bar, and recon smoked cab lights.

Also selling the Cap if anyone is interested.

2. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Im getting ready to put on some bushwacker fender flares, same here want it to look different
  3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

a few ideas:

• Eyebrow (tint at the top of the window) and side window tint.
    • A set of rims/tires would look good! 17x9 would look good, no need to go huge if its a daily driver.
    • Maybe a set of the HD headlights? its a toss up.
    • Bumer & Grille could be paint matched if you want to get crazy

I have 17x9 hummer rims and you can see the eyebrow in the windshield:
    (dont bash me yet, the running boards are coming off to be powder coated)
  4. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

depending on your budget i would do 05 harley headlights an a set of newer superduty 20s all are bolt on and will be night and day difference in looks and the headlights are 100 bucks with no hids and about 180 with his and a set of factory 20s off a 05 or newer run 800 to 1500 on craigslist . also 2008 superduty tailgate and tail light swap right on and make huge improvement. heres mine transformed [​IMG][​IMG]
  5. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

New tires are a deffinate.. guy i bought it from put the cheapest tires on he could buy.. 245 75 r16.. looking at getting either 305's or 315's
  6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Don't forget the rest of the details, none of these items are a direct swap. The 05 or newer headlights will require cutting the core support. Putting on wheels off an 05 or newer will require spacers as the back spacing is different. The 08 tailgate requires a different hinge and the taillight swap may require some wiring.

I used to be big on the dress-ups, but these things don't help your truck make you more money. Now I'd rather save my money and spend it on things that make me more of it. payup
  7. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

the headlights you buy off ebay for his year they are bolt on but look like 05 and newer, i said 20s because they direst bolt on NO SPACER now if i said 17 or 18 you would be right the back spacing is wrong and the wheels rubs the tierod end. you are right about the tailgate but the hinge is 30 bucks from ford an 2 bolts to change. tail lights are a direct swap only wireing that needs to be addressed is reverce lights need a new plug again cheap fix brake lights are same all years and the tailligts are 60 bucks on ebay.

as for having nice trucks costing money, well in the crappy state of nj if you take care of your trucks keep them nice and clean the cops tend to leave you alone. In the long run saving hard earned money so its all the same in the end.
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  8. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

[​IMG] my truck payup while looking good
  9. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

In my opinion start with leveling the truck and then tires and rims. New grill will look good also.
  10. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

Love that sander but i deffinatley couldnt afford that.. any cheap alternatives?? anythings gotta be better than standing on the tailgate with a shovel throwing sand while somebodys driving
  11. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Lose the running boards!!! It looks like a grandpa truck with them on!
  12. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

Haha i agree. those and the cap were the first things to come off
  13. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Hey now, what's wrong with Ford's boards? They're functional, unobtrusive, keep crap off the rockers, and hide rusty frames! Thumbs Up
  14. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

There ok till your stuck on a snowbank at 3 am.They reduce clearance greatly I will never have them on a truck that plows again.
  15. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

The main reason i took them off is that hide rust.. all the sand and salt gets trapped where they mount and rott out the truck..
  16. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

'05+ headlights, billet grill, leveling kit, wheels/tires, and tinted windows would be my first mods. After that I would install '08+ mirrors, tailgate, and taillights.
  17. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Just like everyone else has pretty much said. Depending on your budget and if its a work truck for you. You can keep it simple and tint the windows, leveling kit, oversize tires with aggressive tread. Those three things will make it look way different and make it more of a badass truck.
  18. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

Any suggestions on tires?? stock it runs Lt265/75R16E . On a 16x7 rim. Id like to get 33 or 305's. mud terrain or aggressive all terrain. Prefferabley less than $1k
  19. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

Also if anybody has any suggestions for a Programmer that would be helpful too
  20. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Sct with custom tunes from 5 star tunning