1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 super duty + wide out westernplow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by F350 Mikee d, Nov 6, 2011.

1. F350 Mikee d

F350 Mikee d Junior Member

I have a 2004 F-350 super duty crew cab (6.0 turbo diesel) with a 8'-00 bed, I am planning on getting the new western wide out for plowing..is this a good combo and what should I have checked on my F-350 mechicly...front wheel bearing seals...4 x 4 controls/lock out hubs....heavier front springs...i have cooper tires discover ATR's....any advise would be appreciated...should i put a salter on it too??? Can I plow in Indiana with ill plates

thanks Mike from crete,ill

2. CoastalSnow&Ice

CoastalSnow&Ice Junior Member

love the wide-out!!. its a good truck. Just get it to a shop and have them do EGR delete kit, cold air intake, head studs, few other odds and ends and the motor is good to go..

DRW or SRW?

Post some pics!

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Long truck and heavy plow. I hope you plow big parking lots.

4. CoastalSnow&Ice

CoastalSnow&Ice Junior Member

i have a wideout on my DRW. in the photos. it is long... but i only plow larger lots with it and its almost unstoppable most of the time dont even need 4x4

5. F350 Mikee d

F350 Mikee d Junior Member

I have single rear wheel...no dullees...i bought the truck for pulling my 5th wheel and construction equipment...but i have a few friends with bug commercial lots and he needs help and i need $$$...so i will get the wide out order for install next week...and get some of these maintance engine items fixed...thx for the advise

6. fastcarz3

fastcarz3 Member

the setup is killer i have the wideout on my 07 psd and the combo def moves snow youll like it. i have the 6000lb springs in the front and get hardly any sag at all when lifting the plow. in medium to larger lots it really shines for the smaller lots sometimes i find just bc the truck is extended with the 8ft bed can get alil annoyin to get around.

7. maharoni8766

maharoni8766 Junior Member
    from Chicago

i have the wideout on my 04 f350, unfourtunatley im selling my rig and going back to bar management! if your interested id be willing to sell the plow to you! PM if you have any interest!