1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 sturdy enough?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PJPlowin', Oct 4, 2005.

1. PJPlowin'

PJPlowin' Junior Member
    from Ohio

I just picked up a '99 F350 Powerstroke dually 4x4. I am wondering if anyone has put a 9.5' V-plow on a truck like this. It has engine mods so pushing the snow does not worry me. Will the front suspension hold the weight? Do I need to beef it up?

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Do a search first before asking,this has been talked about many many times.There are guys on here that have them on there 250 pickups.I'm not trying to be a d**k but i was asked to price out plowing 8 miles of private roads,did a search and found my answers :cool: It gets boring with the same ?s being asked week after week
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I doubt you will have a problem. We've had a 9'2" on out Dodge 3500 for over 10 years with what I would consider normal wear and tear. This is a V10, however.

We are changing some plows around and will be putting our 9'6" Fisher on our F350 SRW, so we'll find out at the same time as you. I will probably install Timbrens to help out.
  4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

My father has 9.5' plows on 2 of his F350 4X4 CC DRW, 7.3L PSD. All that he did to his trucks was to put an extra leaf up front. He hasn't had any problems. I have been thinking about an 8611 Blizzard for my 05 F-350 FX4 SC DRW 6.0L PSD.
  5. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

PJP it depends on what the front spring code is. I think a dually shouild handle a 9'6" plow easily. But the snow plow package from Ford uses "X" code front springs.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You have to go at least 9 1/2 wide just to cover the tire width when the plow is angled.
  7. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I use a Boss 9'2" Poly Vee on my 01 F250, so you should have no problem on your F350.

Just some thought. :)
  8. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

plow size.

Consider what you will be plowing, in some parking lots, you would want to go with an 8-1/2 ft. plow, if there will be cars parked there round the clock. With a dually 350 or 3500 all you need is an 8-1/2 ft and it will cover the rear wheels even when you are turning with plow angled.

9-1/2 will be good for large open parking lots, streets, but that is it.