1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 steering kingpin? removal....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ppandr, Feb 10, 2006.

1. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

2000 f350, 4x4, discovered bad pin at bopttom of knuckle, can get the nut off but can not gat the pin out, ie. down. Trying to do this with out removing everything. How does this pin come out. Snow coming tommorrow and I need a quick fix, other than going with the way it is.
  2. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Lower ball joint not king pin...help...

Sorry, lower ball joint. Can this be done without pulling axel, spindle etc.....
  3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Nope--There is no quick way to do it!----Axle has to come out---some special tools needed also--need new axle seals--need an installer--heard of some useing PVC pipe for this--it is a PIA to do--Very common problem do a search and I'm sure you'll find a ton of info!!!!!!!!
    Good Luck!!!!!
  4. Storm1

Storm1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

When you do your balljoint repair I recommend using NAPA chassis parts. They are a little more expensive but they are built twice as good as the oem ones.