1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 Recommedation

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tjaltz, Jan 5, 2009.

1. tjaltz

tjaltz Junior Member

I am looking to install a straight blade plow on a 2001 F350 Super Duty Diesel for limited private use plowing 80% blacktop in fair condition and 20% dirt. My local Western dealer wants $4195 for an 8 Foot Ultra Mount Pro blade installed. He also offered an 8 foot Fisher for $4395 installed. My local Boss dealer wants $4786 for an 8 foot Straight Blade Steel plow. They seem very similar to me, I'm wondering is the Boss worth $591 more? Any major pros or cons between the two? Thanks for any input.
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Did you look into a used plow? You can save a ton of money and still get a quality plow for what your needs are. Just my .02. Do a search on each brand for more info. I'm partial to the Fisher but Western and Boss make good units too. Good luck.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You need to see which dealer offers better parts, service and support. Thats way more important then price to me.
  4. Pert Snow

Pert Snow Member

is ur 350 a dually in the back cause u will need a bigger plow to cover the back of ur truck i would go with a boss, although i run western boss just looks a little meaner on ur rig and lasts a little longer and are built a little better as u can c from another thread western plows seem to rust easily
  5. huss691981

huss691981 Member

The boss plows are good plows, not my cup of tea but that's because I know meyer pumps. Just about everyone out ther makes good equipment, just make sure the dealers in your area have good service. That is VERY imoportant. You could have the best plow in the world, if you can't get parts, service, or help fixing it, what good is it? Mike