1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 mount go on f450

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 93CobraCPR, Nov 22, 2005.

1. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

Hi guys!!

I bought a 2000 MVP 8.5 from sister and came off a 99 F350 4x4. I want to put it on a 01 F450 4x4 but installer wasn't sure if it can be done. He said mounts part # are different and may need to buy new mount for it. Installer is a western dealer and been installing since 98 (could be longer; 1st time sister bought from them) but he could not give me yes or no.

Please any help!!

2. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

for unimount they should be the same mount, but the bottom of that mount has to be trimmed for some apps. the 450 sits up higher so it may need to have the two holes on the bottom to keep the pin location from being to high. look to see what hole the top bolt is in. 450's need to be in hole 4 or 5 depending on engine/body package. ultramount is all in plow settup.