1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 maintenance

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by unhcp, Nov 8, 2010.

1. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 02 5.4 f350 with 50k and i'm getting it ready for the season, so far i have changed the oil, transfer case and tranny. What else should i do?

2. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

Change the fuel filter, ck all u-joints, balljoints, tie-rods. Ck the brakes, If the brakes are good I would still pull them apart and lube the slides.. Ck the tranny lines and brake lines for rust. Ck all belts, hoses and air filter.

3. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

X2 on checking and lubricating the brake sliders - particularly in the rear. They tend to freeze up pretty regularly without preventive maintenance. Dont forget the simple stuff like checking all of the lights, lubricating door locks and hinges, Armor All on the door seals, checking the windshield washer system, etc.

4. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

Check front and rear ends. maybe even drain and refill

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It's cheap insurance to change the axle grease every season. Make sure you have no steel in the old grease. Look at all the springs and shocks too. Carrying a plow puts lot of stress on them.

6. unhcp

thanks guys, i will be doing this tomorrow

7. MickiRig1

Leave the grease sit in the pan a over night. Make sure water does not separate out of the grease. If it does, look at your vent lines out of the top of the punkin. They may be missing the top part with the Shepard's crook loop in it. Some have a valve at the end of the tubing.

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

change tranny fluid, and after you're done plowing for the year, get a realignment and balancing done.

9. unhcp

changed all the fluids yesterday including the diffs and everything is good to go now. Just a few little things left

10. MickiRig1

Change the fuel filter and PCV valve. Both may have not been replaced yet. Then YOU know it's been done.

11. unhcp

did the filter