1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 fueling issue

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by M & D LAWN, Feb 8, 2011.

1. M & D LAWN

M & D LAWN Senior Member

When I fill up my F350, the fuel handle will reset like the fuel tank is full, it does it every couple of gallons. I go slow, fast, in between, doesn't matter. Anyone else have this problem?
  2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

3. enosez

enosez Junior Member

Is it gas or diesel?

I got a f250 5.8 that did the same thing. Rear tank! Ended up that both tanks died on me. Truck wouldnt start. Still working on the problem but I've been told its the fuel pump/float assembly that needs to rbe replaced in the tank.

One tank is feeding the other tank.
  4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

if pre 1997 it is likely the vent tube became detached at the filler. remove the 3 small bolts at the filler, then remove the hose clamp at the tank. with the filler neck removed, you will see another smaller hose inside the big hose. this smaller hose is the vent hose. if you can pull the vent hose out, then it become detached and this is your problem.

i've had it happen on several pre 1997 trucks. no experience with it happening on 1999 or newer trucks.