1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by treeman06, Feb 20, 2007.

1. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

I have a 2003 f350 psd for sale, heavy duty bumper, 5th wheel hitch that folds down, xlt good rubber, never had a plow on it. 43,000 miles +/-.call 262-677-3171 if interested

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

2. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

7.3 or 6.0 how much?

3. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

sorry I forgot that, it is a 6.0 And asking 26,500 ,willing to negotiate,

4. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

Holy crap. Not to be offensive but i paid 32,250 for my 05 F350 ex cab short bed diesel. Lariet, chrome package. Bought it with 9000 miles. I'd love to think these hold there value that well but it isnt feasable.

5. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

What the hell is the matter with people like you? He is just trying to sell his truck, and even though you aren't at all interested, you are beating him up on his asking price. Get a life.

6. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Thank You Turfscape.

7. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Holy smokes...relax Turfscape. He's right. Look at the market. $26k for a 6.0, reg cab with 43k on it, used to haul a 5th wheel? Gimme a break!! You're talking around $19k tops around here.( KBB in fair condition)

That doesn't mean I hope he doesn't get what he's asking, but some constructive criticism might help make a sale more likely, sheez

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  8. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

No, no, no, that's not constructive citicism at all. That comment does nada to help this fellow sell his truck. It looks like a clean truck to me. If it were in my neck of the woods and I needed it, I would enter a negotiation with the man for it. His ad says right up front, he's negotiable. Go back to "constructive criticism school" if you think that's what it was. Then go to finishing school, because it's rude. I'm out.

Nice looking truck for sure!

9. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

Listen grasscutter, it is constructive. Maybe after reading my comment he will re think his decision and mark the truck at a more reasonable price. But then again, i guess it is my fault for trying to help him sell his truck faster by giving him advice.

And also, a "clean truck"? It has a rusty steel block for a bumper, 5th wheel attachment and very visible dent in the tailgate from the 3 picks i can see. Once again, NOTHING AGAINST THIS MAN, i'm trying to help him sell it sooner by giving advice. Maybe your the one that needs to re enter finishing school for calling someone out like this.

10. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I don't cut grass, troll.

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yeah 26k is a bit out there for this truck, its a decient looking truck but i wouldent pay over 19k tops for it, its obviously a tow vehicle which means more then likely it has had the piss kicked out of it for 43k, but thats just my theory on this.

12. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Just as a constructive comparison for pricing, my truck is a 2000 F350 xlt auto PSD RC SRW. So it is essentially the same truck.
    I bought my truck two years ago for $12,000 with Western 8' 6" proplow, and a tail gate salter. At that time it was 5 years old, his is 4 years old. Mine had double the mileage at the time I bought it. I would say overall my truck was is in the same condition as his is now. I am only about 100 miles from where he is so I bet the market is very similar. I just can't see more than double the price, even considering the lower mileage. I know he said negotiable but who would consider negotiating down to %50 of the asking price.
    It is a nice looking truck and I wouldn't mind buying another, but thats too high to even start negotiating at. To me the GN hitch is just fine, the DMI kinda worries me knowing how much those trailers can weigh and a lot don't have brakes.
    Jakkle5 did include a disclaimer in his post so I never thought anything of it. But had he not added the disclaimer I could see how it would have had a much different tone.

13. Jakkle5

Jakkle5 Member
    from Mass

Dont say that!!! Its a horrible idea to offer constructive criticism and be truthful!!

14. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

You guys just don't understand what trolling is. You're laughable rubes. I can't wait for one of you to list a truck for sale. I think I'll have fun being "constructive" for you. Not one of you guys would buy his truck for $19k, so the polite thing to do would be to refrain from saying anything.

15. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

let me respond to some of the comments that have been posted. First I am selling this for a friend of mine and the dealer told him that he could probably get 25,000 for it. So he figured with the 500.000 dollar bumper and the 1,000 dollar goose he could maybe get 26 for it. After all the hub bub I went to kbb and checked the blue book value and it came out between 19- 21 k. He just left for vacation so when he gets back next friday I am sure he will lower the price on it. The only reason he is selling is because he retired and does not need the diesel anymore. The only thing that was ever pulled with the goose was a 25 ft trailer used to pick up shrubs and trees from different nurseries. The dmi bumper was transferred from his old truck when he bought this one, the only thing that he ever pulled was a 14,000 gvw skid loader trailer. The truck is in good shape, The guy is very anal about keeping things neat and tidy. Yes there are some scatches in the bed but it was used for work, the interior is in very good shape.

16. THEGOLDPRO

yeah like i said its a tow vehicle, a 25 foot trailer loaded with shrubs and trees isnt light, nor is that skid steer he was hauling around, so my point stands.

and no turfscape i would never buy this truck your right. i would never buy a truck that was used for heavy towing, or one that was ever plowed with, but thats just me. and dont worry i wont be listing my truck any time soon.

17. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

But you bought a Dodge?? BAAAAAAHAHHAAAA

18. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

correct me if i am wrong but aren't most trucks used for towing? Also i don't consider a gehl 4635 "heavy towing" and if you have ever pulled a goose neck trailer you would know that they pull easier than a bumper pull trailer.

19. THEGOLDPRO

yeah i sure did, ill take a dodge over a ford anyday.BAAAAAHAHAHAHHA tool

20. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I have to say, a 25ft is nothing compared to the guy I know who tows a 28ft TT with a...F-150.

Edit...Terribly sorry. 35ft...yes...35ft.

2262-3212-164332.jpg

2262-3212-164333.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007