1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 down and out

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ricothunder, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

i was driving home from plowing friday night and went to check on the fist lot i plow and was all good so put truck in rev and than back to drive to turn around and than nothing truck only has rev tryed drive in all gears and nothing as if its in nutrule its grabed once and i got under a light where i could get the plow off but thats it.. i have the truck now siting at the trany shop waiting for monday so they can look at it what u guys think the truck never showed any signs of a trany prob and all links are conected
  2. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

What year and what kind of tranny. I bought an 1995 F-350, with da 351w. Before I got the truck home the tranny Blew up, But I still drove it for a month, The tranny wouldn't down shift from 2nd to 1st. Also had 2 broken motor mounts and broken tranny mount. But still plowed for the whole month of Febuary. I also had a C6 in my truck.
  3. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Plow trucks usually dont show signs of problems.. They tend to strip geared parts out or break bands rather then wearing out the clutch discs inside.. These problems are abrupt and dont really show many signs of problems.. The constant forward and reverse really hits them hard after repeated use.