1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 diesel crew 8' bed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pines, Feb 4, 2004.

1. pines

pines Junior Member

Was wondering if you would or should put a plow on this type of truck. I have some dealers who won't even touch it and others who say no problem. Thanks

2. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

put a plow on it Just get something light meyers or western 8'

3. pines

pines Junior Member

Thanks. When you say light, what type of weight in lbs. would you not exceed?

4. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Im not sure of those plows weight. But i wouldn't put something heavy like a vplow or blizzard on it. Some timbrens on the front would help as well or maybe upgraded springs

5. gr84

gr84 Junior Member

spings

everyone with a sd powerstroke talks about putting x springs on the front of the truck over timbriens and from what i red you can get them at the ford dealer look around on the site it will tell u hope this helps on your selection.

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Blizzard 810 950 lbs. on a 3500 crew cab 8' bed Gmc. Turned up torsion bars 5 turns and runs nice. Have 600 lbs. ballast in bed. Move a lot of snow and do it in comfort. No problems yet. Have also installed them on 350sd diesel Fords and they work great.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  7. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I have a 2002 F-350 PSD, 8' bed, single rear wheel. Yes, I did put the X springs on the front plus 1 more additional leaf. I put the additional leaf to increase ride height, not for additonal weight capacity.

The truck has a 8.5' Meyer poly plow w/E-60 pump and a Trynex Vee8000 salt spreader on the rear.

All warrantied by my local Ford dealer too.

I love my truck!

ChicagoSnow

8. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Sorry the above said truck is a "crew cab" truck also.

ChicagoSnow

9. gr84

gr84 Junior Member

plows

got to love the blizzard 810 my ideal plow truck would be something short and something u could put an 8611 on and it has to be a diesel

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

are crew cab has a 8ft western pro with a 1000lbs of wieght in the back works fine

11. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

One problem. The trucks long, don't forget that fact. Might drive you nuts if you try to plow driveways and tight areas. But I have seen plows on plenty of trucks just like yours. Like they said above go with a light plow like a standard 7.5 straight blade due to the extra weight of the crew cab on your frame.

13. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I have 12' Rack body It is built on the longest GMC chassis and i use it on driveways

14. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Put a plow on it and redo the springs at the end of season, if you even need to; which as long as you don't put a V-Plow on it, it'll be fine. You gotta remember, it is an F-350....

15. pines

pines Junior Member

That's why i am considerting this:

http://www.superplow.com/

What are your thoughts? Thanks

16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

as ur main plow ur truck can handle a western of meyers

17. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Huh???:confused:

18. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I have a 01 f350 PDS extended cab.
    It had a 8 foot Western unimount on it when I bought it uesd last year and the front end was a little low.
    I installed an extra leaf to the front which raised up the front end 2.5 inches.
    After that i had no problems with the front end hanging up on curbs.
    I just installed a 8.5 foot ultramount Western V Plow on it and i'm loving it.
    Even better ground clearance with the ultramount although the MVP hydraulics seem to be quite a bit slower than the standard blade.

19. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Mebes, you from Carver county, or is there a Carver MN?

20. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

Carver MN is in Carver County