1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 Diesel 9'2 power V-XT to big?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 04f350powerv-xt, Nov 24, 2007.

1. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

Is the Power V-XT to big for my 2004 F350 6.0 diesel? Some dealers told me no, but others told me that it was to heavy. One dealer even told me the F350 diesel couldn't even handle an 8'2!

2. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

skeptics

The dealer told me that a 8'2" V was borderline too heavy for my 06' F-350 Reg cab. I put the plow on & it drops about 1/2". But I am always the one to push the dealers limits and they hate me for it but I have a great salesman. I have a buudy on mine with a 2000 F-350 Ex-cab diesel with a 9'2" without the plow prep & it is a lot for that truck but he hasn't had any trouble yet, it just squats it about 1"-2".

3. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

What cab do you have? They say with a crew cab that a Vee plow is too heavy, but I have a 9-2 boss Vee on my 03' cc lb and I don't even worry about it. You can hang a house off a Dana 60 front axle. Buy what you want, just install it yourself.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I know the XT is a little heavier but everyone around here has 9'2's on 3/4 ton and bigger trucks. The XT weighs less then a 810 Blizzard. If a wimpy GM can handle it, I'm sure a Ford will be OK.

5. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

My dealer had no problems putting mine on.Said the fords handel it great.
    Mine dont have a problem crew cab dually diesel 4x4,6,000 lb front springs

6. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

I have the super cab, short box with the 5200 ibs front axle.

7. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I love it. Listen to this guy, he drives a Chevy and speaks the truth.