1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 custom mount

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 1982_F350, Dec 5, 2010.

1. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Here is my custom mount on my 1982 F350, Let me know what you think

sorry my internet is being stupid and won't upload that pictures. I thought it did, but i guess not. Will try in a little while

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Sorry for no pictures earlier. internet wouldn't upload

anotherside.JPG

bottom.JPG

frontmount.JPG

sideveiw.JPG

top.JPG

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  3. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

here is some more. Let me know what you think

underneath.JPG

rsz_plowmount_-no_wires.jpg

rsz_truck_mount.jpg

rsz_truck_mount2.jpg

rsz_truck_mount_3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  4. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Do you guys think that my mount is strong enough, or should I make it stronger. Would love opinions on it. Its snowing out right now, so maybe get to try it out tommaorw :nod:

5. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Having built many custom plow mounts on everything from a 78 chevy flatbed to a 75 bronco to a 2005 duramax i would build some sort of brace between the angle iron directly in front of the front spring eye up to the bottom of the a-frame setup for your pump. It will keep the torsional forces of the a-frame braced when the plow is lifted and driven over bumps in transport. I would also box that lower piece of angle iron as well.

6. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Thanks nick. I actually did that tonight. I took a piece on angle iron and whent from the top mount down to the bottom angle on both sides. The bottom plate is the one the we got with the plow and it seems to be in great shape. I also didn't take a picture of this but there is iron going from the a-frame back to help take pressure off of it a little bit

7. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Well guys have an update: after i put that other angle on last night and painted it. looked at it today and it helped ALOT when plow is raised. so hope this turns out good.

8. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

So far so good on the mount, One weld broke and lost a bolt but both I caught before anything bad happened. I have also got the plow to angle. Hope everyones year has gone great so far

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Do you have more than 2 bolts holding the lower mount to the frame, besides the kicker braces?

10. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

I have most joints bolted as well as welded.. Once this season is over I plan to pull everything off and reweld just to be safe. The bolts are in place incase my welds were to break. Just wanted to be safe and not sorry

11. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

Looks good you might want to keep an eye on the head gear and the kicker going back to the frame those were the weak points on mine.

12. 1982_F350

1982_F350 Member

Of course after i said no problems with new mount it breaks on me. I hit a pothole, and plow went up and chain slapped. Bent the mount up pretty good and broke a support arm. Its all fixed now with new supports right off the frame going to the A-frame. Looks a little different but I know i wont bend the metal i put on (3/8 inch 2x2 angle)