1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350/CAT After 2 Days Of Plowing....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ross3031, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Just finished up from the last 2 days and figured i'd get a couple pics up...

Downsized tires for the winter to a set of 33" Kumho M/T's and absolutely love them, pretty sure im just gonna sell my 35" ProComp XAT's and keep these.

The new CAT is f*ck*ng awesome. I've always ran Bobcats (T190 for track machine), this is the first CAT and i'm more than happy with my purchase to say the least...

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking truck and skid.

I love those Cat track machines.
  3. 05Duramax073

05Duramax073 Member

CAT makes an awesome skid steer. Love the hand controls.
  4. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Very Nice machines. The Truck and Cat look great

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Nice Stuff. I really like that Skid.
  6. stang2244

stang2244 Senior Member

Love all the black on that truck! Black rims are my choice on any vehicle. How much lift you have on that?
  7. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Thanks fellas....

Stang2244, I have a 2.5" leveling kit on the front and airbags on the rear. The bags give the rear some lift, around an inch or two. Black is the only way for me, i'm not a fan of chrome. To each his own but all the trucks i see running around now with chrome door handles, gas cap, rain guards, etc. just look dumb to me. Just need to get me a mini-lightbar for the truck now instead of that stupid dual rotator (that blows fuses like crazy).

I run heavy equipment for a living, along with my own company, and my 277 is awesome compared to skids i've run.
    Cant imagine how nice a new 277C would be wesport
  8. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Very cool. Your truck looks so sweet! How would you caompare the Kumho M/T's to the pro comp? Noise? things like that. I've been looking into getting bigger tires for a summer set and i've been looking at the kumho's,cooper s/t's and mickey thompson mtz having a hard time deciding, let me know what you think of yours
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, have fun this winter.
  10. littlenick

littlenick Member
    from OH

That truck is sweet!! love the black rimes! im looking to do the same thing...
  11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Why bigger tires? Do you plan on crossing muddy feilds or something:D;)

To the OP....I have seen pics of your truck before here on PS, and I really like it! Looks real sharp!!
    Its amazing the shear volume of snow a box on a SS/CTL will move as opposed to a truck w/plow!
  12. powerstroke73

powerstroke73 Junior Member

Whats the width on the tires? Are they 285, 295 or 305s?
  13. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

how many hours are on the skid? what did you pay for it if you dont mind saying?
  14. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

JDWalkbehind... I love these Kumho's, better than the XAT's. I've always had BFG A/T's on most my trucks and have never had a problem just wanted to try something different lately. I might have found a new favorite tire in these Kumho M/T's though. Plus they are less expensive than BFG's, Coopers, etc. Sears actually has them for EXCELLENT prices, just didnt happen to have the size i wanted for another 2 months so i went throughrerack.com

Powerstroke73... The Kumho's i have on now are 305's (on a 8" wide rim)

Newhere... I dont mind. Just over 2,000 hrs (easy hours, was a weekend warrior for a guy who did sidework). Picked it up for 17k, which is about 3k-5k less than anything else i've seen that was comparable to it. Track are very good still and the machine itself is very clean.

If anybody is interested in the XAT's though im selling them. Paid around $850 for them new and they have less than 5k miles on them (were on for about 2 months). Will take $550 for them
  15. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

yeah thats not a bad price. but at 2,000 things start to go, drive motors.... hydro pumps.......engine components..... on and on. those hours are getting up there and one big repair will make that sweet deal not so sweet anymore. and if i have learned one thing about break downs its that once they start they dont stop. Talk to a cat dealer about seeing some prices on repo machines, my guy just gave me a price on a 277c cab air heat with 166 hours for $ 24,000. you may be able to trade yours in and get a decent price and get into a darn near new machine for a few hundred bucks a month.
  16. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet truck and ss.
  17. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

How close is your CAT dealer?
  18. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Newhere... If your CAT dealer gave you that offer than i'd jump up, zip up his pants for him, and sign the deal, oh and dont forget to wipe your mouth. A new CAT 277C with cab/heat is a 55K machine, used ones with 1k hours are still going for 35k+. Sorry dude, but im calling BS, and if not i need your CAT dealers number so i can be there Monday morning to make the deal...
    By the way, not being a dick to you just trying to make my point...

Lawnproslawncar... My CAT dealer is about 25 minutes away
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  19. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

When we are ready for another skid loader I'd like to go CAT or Bobcat. The problem is...CAT is a two and a half hour drive, Bobcat is fifteen minutes.

So if we break down, We call the after hours phone and have a bobcat ready to go in a half hour.

You can see where we would lean towards when purchasing

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

truck looks mean dude