1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F350 broken front axle

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by glawnfarms, Dec 17, 2010.

1. glawnfarms

glawnfarms Junior Member

:mechanic::mechanic:I have a 4WD 85 F350 plow truck with an updated 7.3 that has a broken left front axle. Any one know where I can find a left front axle with 32 splines on long side 19 on short side, my mechanic tells me there are 9 axles for this truck. The axles are not available from Ford. I have tried numerous salavge yards.
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

dana 50 or dana 60?
  4. glawnfarms

glawnfarms Junior Member

Has the dana 60
  5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

You sure because 85 F350 still use Dana 55 until 86 they switch to Dana 60 solid axle.
  6. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

I had a 1985 Dana 60 here at one point. BOM number proved it.

As for finding an axle shaft... Id talk to a driveline shop near you, im sure he could get you one.
  7. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Go to Warn Axles or Superior axles and see what it cost for a chromoly axle. The axle broke for a reason, why not upgrade while it is apart? I ran Warn axles with CTM u-joints in a D-44 for off road use. I sent everything to 300 Below for freezing and i never broke them after that. The axles and u-joints were warrantied for life too.
  8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

Front Axle, 4500 & 4600 lb (Spicer 50), LH A 13303 $125 Reitman Auto Parts - ARAPro USA-KY(Melbourne) Request_Quote 1-800-221-3993

this is fron the web site http://car-part.com/
  9. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have tons of axle parts just ships 2 sets to a nother guy on here