1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 7.3 crewcab 6 3/4 bed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Sep 7, 2003.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

does anyone plow or know if its safe to plow with a f350 crew cab diesel with a short bed im putting a new western plow 8ft for driveways and a few com pkg lots its 4x4 its a 9900 gvw:help:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It can be done,but your dealer may find reason to void your warranty if they don't spec that truck for plowing.

Do a search,there have been lots of recent discussion on upgrading the front springs,and putting plow on the Super-dutys.

With a long truck like that,you want a 9 ft blade at least.

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

There are a lot of people with trucks like yours that have 8ft to 9ft snowplows on them. I think you will be able to plow with the truck with no problem. Anyplow plow would work just fine for you although i think a nice 8'6'' fisher HD series snowplow would complete the truck:)

4. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Still giving expert advise ay meyer :rolleyes:
    Do a search on this theres lots of threads on this topic it was a big discussion for a while whether it would void the warranty, ruin the front end etc...
    Good luck
    Eric

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  5. Bossfan

Bossfan Member
    from Kansas

I have an 8'2" Boss V for my 2002 F-350 Crew Cab, Lariat, diesel. It works just fine. Ford requires you to have a snowplow package on trucks you are going to put a blade on, but the crew-cab is not supposed to be having plows [so they say!!] But they don't know anything!:confused: But that doesn't mean you can't do it. JON

6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

90Plow, that was a good one! Like Chris said, I think there has been a recent discussion on just this question and I bet if you search the site a little, alot of topics would come back with more or less the same question. Look inside your doorjam on the driverside and you will find a white sticker with black lettering. Look where it says SPRING, or it might just say SPR, see what letters are there. There should be 2 letters next to each other. "X" springs in the front are the way to go if you wanna hang a plow on the front of that truck. Mike

7. Foz

Foz Senior Member

I ran a crew cab short box Ford 7.3 PSD with 8 Ft Western a few years ago, great plow truck, a foot of snow won't slow it down! Just traded it because local Ford dealer service is awful.